1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Fungi (Mushrooms) growing in lawn

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Passport1, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Passport1

Passport1 Gardener

Ratings:
    +22
    Hi
    I got new lawn turf laid earlier in year which hasn't been that successful a job :-( as per attached thread - http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/...ions-for-how-to-restore-it.66701/#post-819643

Anyways over last few weeks I've noticed mushroom/fungi appearing in places throughout the lawn as per enclosed pics from earlier today

Lawn got plenty of feeds over the summer month and fertilizer etc

Is it just that the lawn is wet (we haven't had that much rain so far this autumn..) that resulting in these or it the lawn deficient in something

Thoughts?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,595
    Fungi in the lawn is a sign that the soil is nice and rich and well fed. I wouldn't worry about them. They only last for a few weeks. If you have small kids and you're worried about them taste testing the mushrooms, just sweep the mushrooms away. They offer no resistance and don't seem to harm the lawn.

• Like Like x 1
    • Passport1

Passport1 Gardener

Ratings:
      +22
      Thanks very much for the information. Great to get this information. Thanks again :):hapfeet:

• JJ28

JJ28 Gardener

the best - retired
      Ratings:
      +774
      Thanks from me as well; I've got exactly the same on my lawn and was browsing before posting that very topic.

• Mossiac

Mossiac Gardener

Supplies Assistant
      Ratings:
      +28
      Hmm interesting. I have never fed the lawn and had two the size of dinner plates a couple of weeks ago.

Mossiac

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +52,562
        My back lawn is fed, my front lawn has never been fed. Fungi are growing on both. :dunno:

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        A lot of Fungi are symbiotic with tree roots, they use them as their internet to warn each other of pest attacks.

• Agree Agree x 1