1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny old world!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by thatfatbloke, Jul 19, 2012.

1. thatfatbloke

thatfatbloke Apprentice Gardener

HGV Driver
    Ratings:
    +4
    On Monday,Jon Lord of Deep Purple sadly died. The same day,a Buddleia 'Black Knight' which is a deep purple colour started to flower in my garden. For those that aren't as hip and cool (or old) as me - 'Black Knight' was a Deep Purple track from 1970. How weird's that!.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
      +19,596
      Not as weird as this. Mine did the same. What's the odds of that?

• Like Like x 2
      • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +52,594
        Deep Purple! One of my favourite bands TFB. :dbgrtmb: I have 'Black Knight' in my garden too and it's about to flower for the first time, newly planted last Autumn so it's got a lot of growing to do yet. :)

RIP Jon Lord.

• Gazania

Gazania Gardener

Ratings:
        +204
        I've been after a buddleia for ages. I was/am a BIG Deep Purple fan and it seems appropriate now that I should look up 'Black Night.'
        In Rock, Machine Head, Fireball . . . plenty more followed but for me these 3, and especially Machine Head are among the best albums ever made.
        gazania