1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Design Help!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Kirsty Macdonald, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Kirsty Macdonald

Kirsty Macdonald Apprentice Gardener

Student
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all,

I am a new member to this forum and I am seeking help from experienced gardeners. I have currently moved (post-lockdown) and I am looking to improve our current garden. We bought our house at auction and it does need some work done to it, this includes the garden. We have an area just outside our garden which we have been informed is actually part of our garden and the previous owners didn't use it as they felt the garden was too big for them. We would love if someone was able to give us a little help with what we could do with it, any suggestions are welcome! I have attached some images of the space.

Many thanks,
    Kirsty

2. Kirsty Macdonald

Student
    Ratings:
    +2
    oops, I forgot to attach the images, so they are here!

5282A845-ED33-48A3-9914-995F176E7982_1_102_o.jpeg 8B0911DC-3A29-4DC6-8C90-C46E9961331A_1_102_o.jpeg 3B6008F2-A5E2-4C34-9FCF-23262F6D9BE5_1_102_o.jpeg 073D0B17-9666-49EB-8B0A-435FB807589F_1_102_o.jpeg E196FA89-4DDF-47DB-8D32-B5B848BEE9DA_1_102_o.jpeg D49FF40F-D0FA-422F-A67C-FD284B0EB965_1_102_o.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • newbiegreenfingers

newbiegreenfingers Gardener

Ratings:
      +11
      Wow, what a fab space! How about a veggie patch, or an orchard? Chickens?

• Like Like x 1
      • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
        Ratings:
        +30,605
        Welcome to the forum @Kirsty Macdonald ! I have completely different growing conditions to you and wouldn't like to lead you down the wrong path but thee are many here who will be along soon to give you some great advice :)

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Kirsty Macdonald

Student
          Ratings:
          +2

Hi! Sorry it’s taken me sooo long to reply, I’ve been very busy! We had thought about chickens but unfortunately I don’t think our dog would be too impressed, would be tormenting him 24/7 . We have put the beginnings of a vegetable patch and are hoping to put some seeds down soon enough, thank you for your suggestions, they have been very helpful!

• Like Like x 1
          • Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
            Ratings:
            +54,373
            A big wildlife area, including a huge pond??

• Like Like x 1
            • JR

JR Chilled Gardener

Retired oil magnate
              Ratings:
              +2,381
              First thing that comes to mind is the family members that the garden will be occupied by.
              Ages of the children is relevant (I've watched too much Titchmarsh!)
              But with little ones, it does mean the difference beween a stonking big pond teeming with wild life, or alternatively a big play area lawn with safe non spikey shrubbery.
              What a lovely option to have ☺, it's a great looking blank canvas.