1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Furniture

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Doghouse Riley, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
    Ratings:
    +4,411
    I've never been one for sitting out in the garden, I much prefer to be "doing something."
    We've four garden loungers, in "the room" in the garage, two of which are still in their original wrappings. The stripey ones, have been used but not for many years, due to my wife's mobility problems.(that's my "carry" golf bag for any occasions when golf trollies are banned due to the state of the course, bird food on top of the freezers).

P1020606.JPG

We do have these cheap plastic ones I bought in Tesco's a decade ago for the tea-house, I do use them occasionally, when I have a rest while working in the garden, or want a break from working, to check on some sport or other, I can put on the little free-view TV I keep in there (top left hand corner).

P1020955.JPG

When I was making a decision about whether to put a new liner in the koi pool or have it filled in. "To help me decide" she said if the pool went, there'd be fewer flies (not that there were many) and she'd be able to sit out in the garden.

Taking her at her word, encouraging her to do so and cater for her friends when they come round, I've just ordered a set of these cheap chairs from eBay.

I always check out suppliers. This one has had a total of over 172,000 sales, sold 158 of these sets of chairs and has a 99.9% positive feedback rating. So I'm unlikely to be disappointed. They'll be much more sturdy than the cheap plastic ones .

s-l500.jpg

The seat covers are removable and washable.

s-l5001.jpg

For a hundred and twenty-nine quid, with free delivery, I stand a chance of getting her out into the fresh air in the coming months.
    At that price, failure to do so, will be unimportant.

• Like Like x 1
    • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
      Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
      Ratings:
      +10,522
      garden furniture is all good. and then there is putting it away somewhere for the winter issue. so you have little work to do in the spring to get it out. I have had mine, typical black iron for years. Lots of plastic to cover all the pillows to store in the gazebo for the winter. then good black spray paint in the spring on the iron. and pillows have to be good if it rains on them, another issue to keep in mind.

• Like Like x 1
      • Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Head Gardener

"Pleasantly unemployed."
        Ratings:
        +4,411
        Ours will fit easily into "the room" in our garage, which was formally full of a big filter, a smaller filter and a 300 gall quarantine tank for the koi pool which I had filled in a month ago.

Yes, you need somewhere to store it. This self-contained room is ideal as it will be free from damp and the two back-up freezers and my budweiser Beer fridge, will provide a bit of heat.
        I wouldn't have entertained buying this furniture if I had to store it during the winter in the garage itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
        • redstar

redstar Total Gardener

Domestic Goddess
          Chester County, PA, USA, Plant zone 4 & 5
          Ratings:
          +10,522
          one year, as my pillows in plastic were all stored in the gazebo, some industrious mouse built her nest under the plastic. Have too many pillows to get one of those huge plastic bins.

• GavinBall

GavinBall Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
          +8
          These new ones you bought look very nice and for such a price they're even better. I couldn't find the provider though, can you share a link?

• Like Like x 1
          • Deeob

Deeob Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
            +0
            We bought something similar last year including the table. The chairs are very comfortable and fit very snugly under the table when not is use. Unfortunately as we have a small garden we found the furniture too intrusive so we gave them away and are now back to our original old ones as seen in the photo

• CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
            Ratings:
            +4,325
            @GavinBall unfortunately the original post was a year ago, and I do not think doghouse Riley is on this forum any more, so unlikely to get a link