1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardena Blue & Green Fertiliser Discs

Discussion in 'Compost, Fertilisers & Recycling' started by IanMacK, Jun 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. IanMacK

IanMacK Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    I am clearing out my garage - first time since we moved here in 1986 !!
    In one drawer I found a pack of Gardena fertiliser 'discs' that I had bought along with a dispenser for the impulse spray unit.
    Basically, the dispenser was a clear cylindrical unit that fitted between the spray unit body & trigger and the spray head. As water flowed through the dispenser it diluted the disc and so you fed the plants as you watered.
    My problem is that the spray unit and dispenser are long gone, leaving me with a full pack of blue discs and a jar with green disc powder.
    Of course, I have no idea what fertiliser is which colour - instinct tells me that the green is nitrogen and the blue potash but that doesn't match as I think that I would likely have used all the potash ! ?
    Any members got any better memories than myself ?? (I searched the internet but no signs of anything under either Markt (UK) or Gardena) IMG_2958.jpg .
    Thanks

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +118,204
    Hi Ian,

I have no idea of the answer and I guess that nobody who has looked at your post has either! :sad: It has been looked at 29 times :noidea:

Have you tried emailing Gardena?

Best of luck :blue thumb:

• Like Like x 1
    • CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
      Ratings:
      +4,320
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
        Ratings:
        +31,818
        Nitrogen in it's raw state is white-ish in colour so to for urea,

if you have granule fert you will see all colours of the N P K but if you have prill fert all N P K is made into one prill so you get a mix of colours to make one

• IanMacK

IanMacK Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
        +5
        Thanks CarolineL
        My intuition was that green=nitrogen and blue=potash but I couldn't rationalise that I would have used so much green for grass.
        Anyway, that's good news - means that I have a stock of potash feed - I'll just have to experiment with the dosage - I'll grind up the discs and mix in my watering cans.

• CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
        Ratings:
        +4,320
        Hi @Jiffy - I meant that they dyed the tablets to indicate different contents - not the actual colour of the original fertiliser.