GARDENING ASPIRATIONS FOR 2019..

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Marley Farley, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Gardener Councillor Governor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +11,462
  2. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,702
    Reading over my posts from last year, (actually Nov 17) I noticed that my garden doesn't look much different from how it did back then. One or two things have changed for the better but all of the major problems areas are still pretty much how they were. As I dont have a lot of free space, I find that instead of tidying up as I would like I end up moving the rubbish around.

Last year I said I wanted to clear the soil and rocks away from beside the shed to create a second patio area. In reality the pile of soil actually got a lot bigger. Only now have I got it back to where it was before. I will be carrying on with it although I have new ideas on how to utilize the area best

I would still like a greenhouse of some sought. First I will need a hard area to stand it on. It looks like I'm going to have to do this myself. I need to clear the space first - more "rubbish" being moved from one place to another. The job is made slightly more awkward by the area not being square. If I use slabs I will have to trim them to fit. That will be another new experience for me.

I guess starting a new job did have a major impact on my gardening time. Hopefully there will be enough descent daylight days this spring/summer for me to really get stuck in and make a difference.

G.

• Like Like x 4
    • andrews

andrews Gardener

Waste Management and Consultancy
      Ratings:
      +629
      Nothing major this year as a new roof on the house is taking a lot of funds.

Last year was the start of converting the cottage border to a more Mediterranean border. All of the major plants are in place. This year the underplanting will be given some thought.

Then theres the arid bed to populate. 2T of pea gravel needs digging into the soil and then another tonne to be added as a top dressing. We have most of the plants for the border. It will be good to see them in the ground

• Like Like x 4
      • luciusmaximus

luciusmaximus Total Gardener

Lost in the Wilderness
        Ratings:
        +4,694
        Aspirations for 2019 are to make a larger planting area under the cherry tree in side garden to be able to reduce the amount of pots I have. I have already started this.

Still need to plant a hedge of some description along boundary of front garden for privacy. I did plant Beech saplings last year but they didn't grow. Thinking of trying Willow this time.

And still aspiring for a second pond. I don't want to remove the existing pond in order to make the space larger as it's home to several beetles, snails and some kind of larvae. Contemplating whether to turn the bog garden into a pond as already have hole in the ground so could enlarge it.