1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardinia conditions

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Charlie, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Charlie

Charlie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a small but beautifully formed Gardenia with lots of buds. What are the best conditions to keep it in? Do I remove the flowers once they start to go yellow? and when do I re-pot or do I re-pot at all? - I'm hoping it will get bigger is there a chance of that.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    :D Ok Charlie, are you ready? here we go, they like a good compost, feed weekly during growing season,put them indirect light & keep moist not wet,never let it dry out or get waterlogged, they like coffee grounds as they are acid, they like humidity,they like to be slightly pot bound, but if you need to re-pot do it do it in the spring, & lastly they like night temps of 16c & day temps of 21c to encourage it to flower :D :D don't let all that put you off as they are beautifull & worth all the effort :D :D I love 'em :D :D

[ 15. June 2005, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Marley Farley ]