1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Gertcha - Chas Hodges RIP

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Fat Controller, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
    At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
    Ratings:
    +49,618
    Chas Hodges, one half of the duo Chas & Dave has passed away. I have been a bit of a fan ever since I was a kid, and my Aunt Lily brought me one of their albums on cassette; I played that tape so often, I wore it out.

In my humble opinion, Chas was often under-rated or under-appreciated as a musician, and he had a remarkable talent.

RIP Chas, and thank you for many, many years of musical pleasure. :frown: :cry3:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
      Ratings:
      +14,125
      Isn't it sad... They were a great duo..... Will be sadly missed I think if everyone is honest...... Good old bar sing songs... An era that is almost past...... So sad, the younger generation don't know what they are missing, sadly the no smoking ban has killed so many pubs..... To me as one who grew up in hotels and pubs all the time my father was alive....... A friendship and camaraderie that will never be replaced I feel...... To me that is so sad in so many ways...... I loved the friendships made, but seems no more now... That era has left us for good and to me it is sad..... Like the no smoking bit but sad the way the supermarkets tagged on to cheap beers and lagas........ Just glad I experienced it all.... Darts teams, shove halfpenny, cribbage, all nearly gone now.......Lovely.... :sad:

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1