1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

getting frustrated with my plant

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by gillybean, Jul 28, 2014.

1. gillybean

gillybean Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all I have posted before regarding my kalanchoe it was suggested that I take a cutting from it which I have done and it seems to be doing very well the original plant however still is bare at the bottom to about half way up and it is very tall and straggly at the top since I gave it a little trim I have about 4 beautiful bright pink flowers on it and tonnes of new little leaves butnif anyone can help me to get it to look as it should that would be great [​IMG]

2. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,089
    A couple of angles in the photo lead me to ask is the window open?

3. gillybean

gillybean Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes the window is wide open most days this plant is a cutting from one I had that died about a year ago I wondered if I had taken the cutting wrong

4. gillybean

gillybean Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry I will just add that although the window is wide open it is only the top part of the window that is open

5. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,089
    Nope! I do wonder what the potting medium is though.

I also noticed that there is a lot of growth growing away from the window. Move it to another window where there are no draughts and much less direct sunlight.
    Also, if it is Kalanchoe blossfeldiana be aware that it is really a spring bloomer.

6. gillybean

gillybean Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok I will move the plant for a while and see if that does any good when I took the cutting last year it grew a very tall stork then had a few keaves and flowers right zt the top and then allmof a sudden it seems to have gone wild on top with nothi g at the bottom I have trimmed some off the top as previously recommended as the plant was bent in half almost and I didnt want it to snap and kill the plant it just looks nothing like it should look