Giant Onions 2020

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by JWK, Dec 29, 2019.

1. JWK

JWK Gardener

Ratings:
    +20,767
    Sown mine today, seeds courtesy of @sandymac from 2018.

Last year was awful for me with onion seed, I sowed several different varieties which mostly germinated but then gradually died. Assume I had some dodgy seed compost as most other veggies germinated and grew OK.

• Like Like x 3
    • Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,937
      Hope 2020 will award you with massive crops John.

Probably most gardeners, especially veg growers, have experienced those seasons when you given your very best. Then for what? Season too dry or too wet. Makes you want to give it all up. Next season we try again. It's in our blood. Failing that. We are all damned crazy.

Sincere best wishes to you all and hopefully a great new year for growing.

• Like Like x 4
      • CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
        Ratings:
        +13,083
        @JWK I usually sow mine on Boxing Day but :doh::doh::doh:discovered that I didn't have any left and obviously I forgot to put "order Kelsae seeds" on my to do list! I ordered them via fax on Saturday and hopefully will have them in a few weeks. I'm still eating the ones from this past summer Yum! Hope yours do better next year :)

• Like Like x 1