1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Glamis Castle Walled Garden Project

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Scotkat, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    For anyone who does know I and my friend Karen have got involved in the restoration project .
    Karen and I go a Tuesday and a Thursday to volunteer.So if anyone is planning a visit over Spring that is if we see Spring or we may go right into Summer.
    Come and see us up in the Walled Garden Project we are helping the fulltime staff to restore the walled garden .
    We have been sowing seeds in the Potting Shed and prinking out seedlings in the Glasshouse.
    Today we were hopeing to make a start with planting plants for the making of a herbaceous border.But on hold till weather changes.
    We and all the country are in middle of a cold spell and yes snow .
    Pretty to see but time to see Spring blooms and new born lambs.
    What a pleasure today it was for me to see 3 deer and they stopped and looked at me camera was not at reach and the beautiful Highland Cattle.
    If you have never visited the Castle and gardens if you come to Scotland you must visit.
    As you can see we have been busy.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

This the Kitchen garden we shall be helping to feed the Castle restraunt with some fresh kitchen herbs and veggies.

[​IMG]

Orchids we shall need to give some TLC to
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5