1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Glenarm Castle walled garden Co. Antrim

Discussion in 'Garden Visits' started by Freedom_Spark, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Pixie

Pixie Gardener

Ratings:
    +400
    That looks great ziggy, brickwork looks very neatly done. Quite the handy-man :dbgrtmb: What you planning to put in this one?

• Like Like x 1
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Didn't have enough bricks for that one, yet...:heehee:

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Done without the aid of a level i'm afraid, left it at my Sister in Laws:DOH:

The bricks were recycled from the old footings of the hall & the lime mortar and timber were left over from other jobs. Something to do whilst being stuck at home & fending off creditors:DOH:

Am filling it full of pheasant poo from the game farm behind me and leafmold. hoping to get some winter greens like leaf beat, mustard & cos lettuce in there.

There is a small tube at the back near the top that goes straight into the house. I have a computer fan which is powered by the solar pannel off an old battery charger (it never charged the batteries properly)

Works as soon as direct sunlight hits it, been testing it already, will mount that so excess heat is drawn into the house when the sun comes out.

• Freedom_Spark

Freedom_Spark Gardener

Ratings:
      +26
      Yay!!! That looks amazing Ziggy :D Sorry I didn't check back on the progress sooner I've been busy, I'm glad my pics were an inspiration :happydance:

• Angelina

Angelina Super Gardener

Free-lance translator and interpreter
      Ratings:
      +1,045
      I never expected to find a coldframe in this thread, but I immediately showed it to my husband and said:
      'We can build it on this wall of the house.'

'No, we can't do a thing like this, this side is wide enough for parking a car...'
      'Of course, we can. No car has ever been parked here, the snow from the roof slides the other way. Certain pants cannot be left in the garden in their first year and I can't keep them in the rooms.'
      'OK, ok. I see what you mean...'

Ziggy, you're an asset! :sunny:

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Glad to be of service:D Unfortunately, mine never got finished due to lack of money. :(

• Angelina

Angelina Super Gardener

Free-lance translator and interpreter
      Ratings:
      +1,045
      Don't get discouraged and may you have Good Luck in all you do! :) :dbgrtmb:
      Wait for your neighbours to go on vacation and unhinge a back window. :D

• Like Like x 1
      • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        :D A well meaning neighbour gave me a shower door that doesn't fit & would be too draughty if it did:DOH: Now I don't know what to do with that:DOH:

• Like Like x 1
        • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +52,610
          Build yourself an outdoor shower Ziggy. :heehee:

• Like Like x 1
          • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
            +0
            Done that before, when the kids were little we had one of those solar shower bottles on top of the caravan, it heated up during the day, you'd soap yourself up & then charge naked into it to wash the soap off before it ran out or the neighbours saw you.

Was a treetree with the nettles though.

• Like Like x 2