1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Goats

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Kedi-Gato, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    We met up with this herd of goats coming along the road up in the hills in Cyprus this January.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +50,875
    Oh, Sis, you know I love goats as much as you and we are over run with them here ... but I won't eat them ....

I love the ones trying to escape over the barrier .... :hehe:

I saw a herd of must have been 100 plus last week ... incredible ... sheep dogs herding them here and there and old geyser just watching .... fantastic sight, I never tire of it and as you know have them passing the house from time to time .... :gnthb:

Maybe I'll get some nice pics with my new camera .... :D

3. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    Goats are ace. Each one has its own very strong, individual personality. They provide endless entertainment. We used to have some years ago. I used to love watching them working out how to get out of our allotment and into the farmers field just over the six foot high mesh fence. They are masters of escape, so you have to keep an eye on them to see when they're working on an escape plan, and try to rearrange stuff just to foil them temporarily.

4. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    For goodness sake, I won't and don't eat them either, Sis. s00k

None of them are trying to escape, just to have a nibble on the pine trees. They used the barrier as a prop.

I agree with you, clueless, about each one having it's own personality. There used to be some in the field out back of our house some years ago (Toggenburger goats) and they were such fun to watch, pet and feed tidbits to.

There was one that I was rather afraid of and she knew it! The owner showed me how to act with her to show that I was the master :D. I was still afraid and she knew that, too, but she left me in peace most of the time after that.

It was such a shame when the owner of the field decided to build a house there (or rather, his son did) and the goats had to move to another field clear across town. We visited them several times, but then the owner moved out of town and we saw them no more. Sob! I really liked those goats, beautiful creatures.

If I could only find the album where I had the pics of them in. Do you have any pics of yours, clueless, I'd love to see them, my Sis, too.

Sis, see that you get some pics soon, please. k-l

5. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    No, sorry. I never was one for taking photos unfortunately. I wish I had as we have had some ace animals over the years.