1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Godetia seedlings

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by db3745, Mar 21, 2011.

1. db3745

db3745 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My daughter has bought 20 Godetia seeds and planted them in January in a seed tray; they germinated in a cool conservatory, but now they have remained just a single spindly stem with nothing happening for 6 weeks at least. They've been covered/uncovered, in the warmer kitchen/ cooler conservatory, and we are concerned that if we don't know what to do next they will deteriorate and eventually die. Advice please.

Separately I collected lots of seeds from last year's Godetia's as they were so lovely. I have wintered them again in our cool conservatory. Should I now plant them in seed trays to start? Or direct into planting position? When? Or a bit of both?

Thanks

2. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,667
    Pretty flower :)

Godetia is a hardy annual, but I wouldn't have sown it so early, I think it needs plenty of sunlight to "get cracking". I should sit tight, we are at the end of March, days are lengthening, and we will shortly have some strong sun and warm days, and then I expect they will pick up.l