good links

Discussion in 'Member Requests' started by SteveW, Apr 3, 2005.

1. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hows about a links section or a links post set to stop at the top of a page that can be added to

there have been some cracking links posted after searches, on many plants and subjects....but these eventually move down as new threads are started and then disappear

2. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a brill idea! [​IMG] , at the mo' I copy any good ones to my "favourites", but that would be good for new comers, and a good resource generally
    Hope you enjoyed your bevvies.

3. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,879
    Steve,

good idea ......

The only problem I can see, is a thread that has lots of links to different pages, you will have to scour the thread ......... The way round it, is by adding the link, with a descriptive sentence to describe the link , that way, if you were looking for the RHS diary you posted in another category.

i.e.

RHS Diary - gardening diary, monthly tasks in the garden.

What do you think?

A new thread could be started up in General forum, and I will make it 'Sticky'.

Nathan.

4. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Sounds good to me nathan,

5. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Nathan - may I respectfully suggest that your section on what to do this month just has one permanant link to the RHS calender/diary and my april to do list is deleted. Much better way for UK gardeners to get robust monthly advise. I hadn't realised that the RHS had provided such a page, duh!! and I'm a member!!.