1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Government Cuts. Council Spending and YOU.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Mike Allen, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Mike Allen

Mike Allen Total Gardener

Retired. Plant Pathologist.
    Ratings:
    +6,097
    I have just added a note about my local Council Tax increase for 2019/20. Possibly many of us have thoughts, ideas etc of how the councils should eke out their finances. The daily news programs are quick to keep us informed of the country's finances and the respective demands upon the coffers.

First and foremost. I am of the mind that our Emergency Services: Fire, Police Ambulance and medical Services should be first in line. Sadly they are NOT. Reason as I see it. The powers to be (that are) cannot distinguish between a Service (a none productive organization and a business, one that produces and sells it products) thereby making a profit that can be taxed.

So now down to us. We have all witnessed various declines in council services. Please vent your feelings here.