1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

grape vines

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by lizzie, Jun 16, 2005.

1. lizzie

lizzie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Whats the best variety of grapevine that will grow up here with a view of the humber bridge :cool: in an unheated greenhouse :confused:

2. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Bit further south than you but I have had good results in an unheated greenhouse with 'BlACK HAMBURG'

3. lizzie

lizzie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks [​IMG] stevie i will try black hamburg [​IMG]
    i bet they are a stripey variety ;)

4. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    that would be black humbug [​IMG]

Did you know you can make red and white wine from a black grape but only white wine from a green grape

5. lizzie

lizzie Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ididnt know that :confused: how do they make Rose wine ?Imake mine when i have a little red and a little white wine left ;) (only after i have used it in my cooking of course) ;)

6. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Its to do with removing the skins immediately or leaving them in for an amount of time (black grapes)