Greenhouse cleaning + Jetwashes

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by Steve R, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,698
    Anyone use a jetwasher on their greenhouse to clean it up, is it safe for removeing algae from glass panes where they overlap?

Steve...:)

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +45,645
    I've thought about doing this but never dared try, I worry that the jet might dislodge the glass or break it. I use Jeyes fluid in a normal garden sprayer and leave it for a few days, it kills off the algae/moss then use a hosepipe to blast it all off.

3. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    I've used an industrial jet-wash for several years with no problems. Glass is pretty tough stuff and needs a hard sharp blow to break.
    What I usually do is to load up my pump-up sprayer with Jeys and spray my GH (concrete floored and half brick walls), leave it to soak for a few hours and then blast everything out with the jet-wash.
    The Jeys kills just about all of the mould and the washer then gets rid of the dead stuff.

4. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,698
    Cheers Dave, will give it a (tentative) go in Spring, there was not too much to clean off this autumn so jeyes and hosepipe did it this time round.

Steve...:)