1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

greenhouse cleaning

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by arwyn, Nov 12, 2006.

1. arwyn

arwyn Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,whats the best way to clean the greenhouse,ive just bought a sulphur candle, and was wondering what is the best stuff to clean the window panes etc

2. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Gardener

Ratings:
    +4
    Warm water with some Jeyes Fluid, or plain water then polished with vinegar if you prefer, would do fine. Both will help to kill off overwintering microbes and algae, and vinegar polishes glass beautifully - if you use it for your house windows it deters flies from settling on them.

3. TG

TG Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I do similar to Blackthorn except I use Armillatox which smells the same as Jeyes and I often think it is Jeyes but the experts say no [​IMG]

To simplify the process I mix the Armillatox with water and put it in my pump spray and spray the glass inside and out.

I leave it on for a few days then fill my spray with clean water and go through the same process again.

The water washes off the majority of algae/muck leaving only a minimal amount of 'hands on' cleaning.

4. oldwinegum

oldwinegum Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    What timely advice. That was tomorrows job if its raining along with shredding the last 10 years of company records to add to the leaf mold to put them to good use in the compost heap.
    Tell me doesent Jeyes stain your pump spray or am I getting pickey.
    ttfn

5. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    I've used Jeyes in mine many times and give it a good rinse after. No problems.