1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greenhouse Staging Assembly - Help!

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by machineage, Mar 14, 2017.

1. machineage

machineage Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all!

We have just assembled an early Robinsons Royale greenhouse. However we are having a real problem working out how the staging that came with it is assembled! I can't work out how to join the staging together to form a long run. I wondered if anyone might have some staging like this and may be able to assist with photos or guidance?

As I see it, each unit needs to be assembled individually with legs / uprights both ends and then joined somehow. They can be just bolted together, but then the diagonal bracing bars for each side won't fit as they will only fit on the outside edge of the uprights. The guy who sold it to us said it could be assembled with just one leg in-between each set of staging. This can't be done however as the lower horizontal strut is then too long and splays the legs out of true.

I did try Robinsons but they were unable to help.

Thanks!

IMG_1151.jpg

2. ricky101

ricky101 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +4,201
    Disappointing that Robinsons could not help you.

I would simply built them as two separate units then to join them use some strips of wood between each frame and drill a couple of screw holes to fasten them both together.

Just give the wood a quick coat of quick drying silver or aluminium look spray paint and you will not notice the difference. Have done that with my all wood staging and its lasted several years.

• Like Like x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +46,076
      I don't have a Robinsons but it may be similar to my staging which fastens at the back to the greenhouse frame, i.e. there are only legs at the front. Maybe that would explain why your strut seems too long, if it were fitted to the greenhouse frame maybe that would work?

• Like Like x 1
      • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
        +21,708
        • Like Like x 1
        • machineage

machineage Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
          +2
          Thanks for the replies! After some head scratching I figured out one way to do it... I used long bolts and nuts as spacers which gave sufficient clearance for the side bolts on each set of staging. I bolted through two sets of staging at the point where the diagonal side braces attach the legs, so they are bolted together at four points. Nice & solid now!

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

• Like Like x 1