1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings from sunny South Wales!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Sledge, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Sledge

Sledge Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to posting on here today. Found the forum whilst looking for help with growing some of the things I've been trying the last year or so. I've not had much luck in finding answers to some of my questions til I had a nosey on here :D - I've been having a trawl through to see if I can get some advice on lemongrass - it only sort of worked last year. [​IMG]
    I've got so many packs of seeds for things I've never grown before, but I want to try out. I am limited to my patio and the number of pots I can fit on there though. I may need to think about what things can go in the same pots together! I also have a plastic greenhouse which I think - finally - I have managed to sort out today so that it doesn't keep getting blown over in the high winds and sending plants and compost everywhere - I lost a few strawberry plants, and I think my grapevine was far too traumatised by the whole thing and may be dead now. [​IMG]
    I think I'll leave it empty for a little while, just to see if I have sorted it out properly, then maybe I'll be able to think risking some plants in there again!
    Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, and I'm sure I'll be spending many more hours on here looking for advice! Though maybe not today, as I've just noticed how late it is, and I've got to get up bright and early at 7 tomorrow! Another lovely working week begins! [​IMG]

2. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
  3. high kype

high kype Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi sledge welcome to gc

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi sledge welcome to g c .

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG]Sledge welcome to our friendly forum.

Now that you have 'found' us I'm sure some of us will be able to aid you in your gardening adventures.Hel.xxx.

6. susannah

susannah Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello and welcome to GC [​IMG]

7. Sledge

Sledge Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the pretty pictures! [​IMG]

I'm hoping to have a try at loads of things this year, so definitely will need all the help I can get! I'll be nearly as busy on here as out in the garden! :D

8. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hello and awarm welcome to G,C.

[​IMG]

9. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Warm welcome and just ask away

10. terrier

terrier Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi, Sledge, welcome to the GC forum.Sounds like you found it just in time [​IMG]

11. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Hi Sledge and welcome to the site.