GW July break

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Scorpio1968, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Scorpio1968

Scorpio1968 Gardener

Business Development Manager
    Ratings:
    +245
    I moaned about this in another thread along with a few others and suggested complaining to the BBC and here was the response. If more people complain there's more chance of the Beeb listening.

Thanks for contacting us regarding ‘Gardeners’ World’ on BBC Two.

I understand you’re unhappy the programme won’t be broadcast during the month of July.

‘Gardeners’ World’ is incredibly important to BBC Two and we’re aware that it has a very loyal audience. However we have to balance that with the channel’s many other commitments including sport.

The transmission of sporting events is dependent on their dates and every year we juggle the schedule to accommodate Wimbledon, Athletics (including the Olympics) and The Open golf which are contractual sports. This sometimes means that ‘Gardeners’ World’ takes a break but it isn’t the only programme affected and it’s necessary to move all types of programming around in the schedule.

Monty Don did advise viewers at the end of the episode on 22 June that the programme would be taking a break but would return in a month’s time.

I’d like to assure you I've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is an internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily and is available for viewing by all our staff. This includes all programme makers and channel controllers, along with our senior management. It ensures that your points, along with all other comments we receive, are considered across the BBC.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one Scorpio.

No mention as to why they can't lob a sport event onto channel 301, etc.

I suppose that if its contractual, then they can't do that till the whole country has switched to digital then?

Nevermind, it'll give us time to catch up with our media section.

http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/media/

Plenty of planty type stuff to watch in there. [​IMG]

3. Lolimac

Lolimac Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for trying Scorpio:dbgrtmb:

4. OxfordNick

OxfordNick Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,615
    dont forget the coverage of Hampton Court Flower Show - Today, Thurs & Fri on Two ; better than Chelsea as its more about gardening & less about celebs IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +84,364
      I'm not a great watcher of the TV these days, but I do find it mystifying as to why normal programmes have to make way for various sports events.
      I'm thinking we in the SE were the last to go completely digital, god know why its all taken so long. Bearing this in mind there is no reason why sports events should ever interfere with normal programming.

Red button and all that.

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Exactly my thoughts too Pete. Not that i've got a tellybox anymore, just sold it, so I watch things on the BBC Ear player. But its blooming annoying if you do want to watch something at a particular time.

Seem to remember having this discussion by post with the BBC about Star Trek being dropped everytime there was a programme about Tiddlywinks on.

Think my last letter to them was a one liner saying "To replace Star Trek with sport is illogical."

• Like Like x 2
      • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        • Like Like x 1
        • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Can you stick the address you sent the complaint through on the thread please Scorpio, folk will be more inclined to send their own complaints in if we make it easier for them. Ta:dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
          • Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
            +12,318
            I think Beechgrove is off air as well next couple of weeks:cry3:

Spruce

• Scorpio1968

Scorpio1968 Gardener

Business Development Manager
            Ratings:
            +245
            Here you go. It's a bit long winded, probably to put people off of complaining but bear with.

• Like Like x 2