1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Half pint dwarf peas and hestia runner beans

Discussion in 'Container Gardening' started by gill75, Jun 1, 2015.

1. gill75

gill75 Gardener

Ratings:
    +19
    Hi I have planted "half pint" peas and "hestia" runner beans in 30" patio pots this year for the first time. They have grown well but I although they are meant to be a bush variety I have noticed both have grown very tall and I have had to stake them. Does anyone know if I am meant to pinch out the peas and the runner beans to get the bush effect I was expecting? The half pint peas have half a dozen peas growing so far. Thanks

2. gill75

gill75 Gardener

Ratings:
    +19
    Here is my biggest half pint pea plant

Attached Files: