1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

hanging baskets

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by arwyn, Mar 9, 2005.

1. arwyn

arwyn Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hello everyone,
    could anyone tell me the best time to start making up baskets as im a beginner really,does anyone know where i could buy h/basket plants by mail order
    many thanx arwyn

2. turl

turl Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi arwyn
    we have a wide range of plugs in our stores i can gladly give you a list of them if you wish.But if your thinking of making up baskets now they are going to have to be kept in the greenhouse.
    john B&Q

3. Mark

Mark Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Arwyn,

I recently purchased from an online site called www.mrnurseries.co.uk and found them very useful. There advice and support was truly fantastic, and they supplied me goods not listed in their site when I e-mailed them with a request. Its worth checking out.

B&Q or Homebase are great for cheap plants, but the quality can sometimes be poor if your not too sure what to look for.

As for when to start planting baskets, you cant go wrong around the end of March, and then put outside after the frosts.
    -------
    Mark