1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Hanging Jute mini hanging grow bags

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Nick Wright, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Nick Wright

Nick Wright Apprentice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Did some jute habnging bags with pansies last year (successfully) and for this year thought about begonias. A) will they be suitable and b) if yes how many? There are 10 slots in jute bag but wondered if that would be overcrowded. Any adbvice gratedfully received

2. Black Dog

Black Dog Gardener of useful things

It's a secret
    Ratings:
    +1,136
    My Tipp:
    Just try it. Bit if you fear they might be too massive for the space, why not put smaller plants in every other pocket to loosen it up a little

• Like Like x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,965
      Think it depends on what begonias you choose, some of those hanging basket ones get very big, other not quite as big, so I think you need to look into which ones to get.

Not something that I grow really, but I'm sure someone might have a better idea than me on the spread of various types.