1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone else grown this tree.

Discussion in 'Trees' started by Nickolas, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Nickolas

Nickolas Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone else on this gardening forum ever grown tagasaste, or am I the only one on this forum to have had the privilege of growing it and reap the wonderful rewards from it.

I dont know how to post a picture of tagasaste so i will post a link to a website that has a lot of pictures of tagsaste

2. davygfuchsia

davygfuchsia Gardener

Ratings:
    +257
    Hi Nickolas .
    Something I don't grow ...Do you use it as sheep fodder or just as an ornamental shrub? I believe 'tagasaste ' is Chamaecytisus palmensis ...The nearest I got to it is 'Broom' Cytisus.. I think they are from the same family ..
    Dave

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    [​IMG] Nickolas, Ooh Tree Lucerne! It is a lovely looking plant, but sadly no I do not grow it, I think it is a bit too cool here for that, but I do grow Lucerne each year for the bees. It is mainly used as a forage crop over here in some parts of the country, but it is a very attractive plant.. I think they call it Alfalfa in USA..

4. PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +4,015
    Hi Nicholas - and welcome to the forum.

I have had to Google your tagataste. But I love doing that - its the way to learn about new plants.

Please do show us some pics with information about Australian plants. I think we all like seeing new plants, and there are a number of us that like to grow tender things that come from warmer climates.