1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello , my name is Ange

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by goosegog5555, Apr 13, 2011.

1. goosegog5555

goosegog5555 Gardener

retired
    Ratings:
    +134
    Hello all.

Originally I joined in 09. Then I had a dog ( rescue ) and was asking how to stop her continually digging massive holes in the garden.. I soon found out why... RATS !! . I have a Phobia about rats and never got started in the garden again. Incendtially .. I planted a huge border of Bulbs.. before my very eyes they began to sink ... The local Council had to come out and completely rotavate the garden.

Because of being Disabled I was lucky enough to be given a bungalow in the Village . I fully intend to uploads photos of the garden now and various stages through ( hopefully) getting it up together. The previous Tenant here was very old and could not go into the garden, The neighbours used it for various things ..i..e dumping old bits of Iron,concrete, brambles , you name it , it was dumped. I will be starting with a blank canvass. I have little cash ( who does these days ) So most things will be done cheaply . I have decided to use it as a challenge and try not to feel sorry for myself . I hope I can please pick your brains and ask for help when needed . Thanks Ange

2. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    Hi Ange, welcome to Gardeners Corner. Having a blank canvas as a garden is not a bad thing! I think that most of the gardeners on this Forum try to do things as cheaply as possible and enjoy the feeling of success when the cheap method gets great results.

They're a very friendly and helpful bunch here and there's all levels of experienced gardeners here who'll be only to pleased to help you out anyway they can.

3. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,667
  4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    [​IMG] Ange..!! :hapfeet: Always great to see members coming back.. A blank canvass is really a very nice thing when you move to a new home I always think.. I know the hard work is the downside, but at the end of it you will be able to sit & really enjoy it knowing you did it all.. Looking forward to the photos & your progress:yay: We are all here to offer any advice you want... :thumbsup:

5. goosegog5555

goosegog5555 Gardener

retired
    Ratings:
    +134
    Thanks for your messages and ... I love Bob Marley Marley Farley , what an amazing pic x

6. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,062
    Hello Ange - welcome back :)