1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Bayleaf, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Hope everyone is well & enjoying their horticultural adventures.
    After a very long break from Gardeners Corner (My allotment was badly vandalised - taken much time, sweat & tears to sort out)& have started back at college.
    Wondered if the people who wanted seeds for a pink form of Eccremocarpus could contact me again, as I have lost your address details - I think it was Pete, Nathan & Steve W? & some others? I don't have millions, as I missed the boat on most of the pods, but will gladly send out what I do have

[ 05. November 2005, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Bayleaf ]

2. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Sorry to hear about the vandalism Bayleaf, wondered where you'd disappeared to. As I said recently in another thread - these scumbags don't care what problems they cause for other people nor the work needed to sort things out.
    Hope all ok now and glad you're back on GC.

[​IMG]

3. Bayleaf

Bayleaf Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks JJordie
    Only took the allotment on last year, & had got to the point where it was taking shape - first harvests, new polytunnel, newly built shed - all gone when I came back from holiday - polytunnel & shed burned down, veg & fruit ridden over with some kind of scooter/motor bike thing - I was gutted. Police un(able to be)helpful.... starting again is a slow process & didn't feel like doing it at first - all the hard work that went in just seemed wasted, but have made inroads, & have got some security advice (it appears that man traps are illegal ;) ) I suppose its all part of the learning curve.

4. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,639
    Thats bad Bayleaf, did wounder where you were, not much you can say really, its a sign of the times. Hope you can get back to where you were, but the question is always there, can it happen again. It tends to put you off trying, but give it another go. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Man traps are only illegal if you get caught ;) .

Sorry to hear about the damage, I had burglars early last year, stole �£12,000 worth of items, do you think the police where any help ? Bearing in mind there was a witness to someone loading a truck , and could identify the truck, the culprits live only 500yds away, so know all my movements :( .

Have to get on with life though, one day I will catch them, and with the new law, will be ready to damage them if I find them where they shouldn't be.

Nathan.

6. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    That's so horrid for you, Bayleaf. You too, Nathan. It's so frustrating when these little toe-rags do such things, isn't it? Makes you want to throw up a big electric fence so if the man traps don't get them, they'll get zapped where it hurts when they climb over!!!

Grrr! [​IMG]

7. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    :( :eek: Oh Bayleaf, so sorry to hear about the allotment, what a shock for you to come home too. I think we all must have been wondering what happened to you. I had an allotment once many years ago & it was great. I still see people down there & they are now experiencing problems like this & they say it is rife all over the country. Seems it is a little worse in the cities. What little scum bags as someone said. Seems the police are unable to help in too many instances these days. So what do they spend their time doing????? It can't take 24hrs aday & all the force to catch the speeding motorists?? Or does it??? All I can say is GOOD LUCK Bayleaf. Ask the students what they think would be a good deterant... Glad you are back though. ;)

8. Fran

Fran Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    So sorry to hear that Bayleaf, must have really hurt to see the damage done especially to your carefully tended first fruit and veg. Glad to hear you've restarted - and hopefully not visited again.

Shame man traps ain't allowed - or something that would permanently damage those thugs toys - both mechanical and anatomical. :mad:

9. floris

floris Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm shocked and saddened to hear what happened to your allotment Bayleaf - all the well-earned benefits of your holiday evaporating when you saw the mess! Epithets like 'thugs' and 'scumbags' don't do justice to these monsters. What possible fun do they get from such deeds? I can't believe also (in Nathan's case) the police can't catch these criminals when there was a witness and evidence, eg a numberplate. This is not just a sign of the times but a wakeup call to realise this government is not delivering its promise to punish such criminal behaviour.