1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

help advice needed about seeking professional help for olive tree

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by gloria knight, Oct 22, 2021.

1. gloria knight

gloria knight Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 60 year old olive tree that i bought just over 2.5 yrs ago. I noticed after the first wiinter the leaves had started turning yellow,. We thought the roots may have got waterlogged as we had a particularly bad rain y season that year. The following yr i noticed that the leaves turning yellow had brown spots and identified it as leaf spot and remedies suggested using a fungus spray . I did this with roses fungal spray for 2 seasons but this year the tree has lost as many leaves as other years. I thinned the middle out last season as it was suggested that could be a reason for the problem. I did the tree at least 3 times this year in spring to summer after the recommended interval times, but it states not to do more than 3 in a year. It still has lost a lot of leaves and i dont want it to happen again next year. So where is the best place for me to seek professional help. I am, in Kent UK.

2. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,150
    RHS? You can ask them what to do, you'll need to be a member.

• Like Like x 1
    • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
      +21,781
      If you have any pictures post them here too as we might be able to help a bit more

• Agree Agree x 1
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +85,953
        I'm guessing this was one of those very expensive knarled ones you see in large pots.
        If so, did it come with a guarantee of some kind?

I often wonder how those plants fair long term.

• Like Like x 1
        • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
          +46,150
          Is it in a pot or the ground? If in a pot has it drainage holes? Do you keep it indoors over winter?

• Like Like x 1