Help! Calamondin wilted and unresponsive.

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by ThroughTheWoods42, Sep 6, 2019.

1. ThroughTheWoods42

ThroughTheWoods42 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

My little calamondin tree is not happy. It has been outdoors all year from summer onwards but has been brought inside due to the temperature dropping.
    I missed a few days watering outside, and subsequently, the leaves have curled and are going brown.
    Also, all the remaining fruits still attached are shrivelling.

I've tried giving it a good watering regularly and feeding, but no response.

I'm stuck, as I'm aware you should allow the soil to dry out before watering, but the tree
    always looks like it needs more water.

IMG_0588.JPG

What do I do??

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,124
    Hi @ThroughTheWoods42 I sadly think it had already got caught by the cold.. Also doesn’t look very bright there on that table, they do need good light a bit of Sunil poss. :sad:

Did you acclimatise it gradually when you put it outside.? Gradually increasing the time each day it was outside.? You need to do the same when you bring them in as well.. Because otherwise you give kill them with the shock..
    Or it doesn’t like the compost it is in or the feed.. If you have fed it, they like a slightly different feed especially for citrus trees as well.. The wrong food will also make it keel over and die..
    I am sorry I can’t say something more positive, but that’s my thoughts, others may think differently though..

Just a thought as don’t know how long you have had it.. They also don’t like being pot bound and In a mixture of 1 part each potting soil, organic compost and per-lite or vermiculite. They like plenty of room to spread out and establish a healthy roots . Also I would recommend re potting plants every few years to prevent roots from becoming root bound.

3. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,318
    Hi

Was it fine until you brought it in ? Are you in the UK , as still fine for them to be out even in September ... they dont make a good indoor plant ... soon let you know they are un happy ...

• Like Like x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +84,384
      I'd say overwatering rather than underwatering, and has it been on the decline for some time.

I'm sorry, but I think its probably dead.

• Agree Agree x 1