1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Help For My Flowering White Cherry Tree (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Trees' started by MattWR, Aug 11, 2009.

1. MattWR

MattWR Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I planted a small Ornamental Prunus (Flowering white Cherry tree â?? Latin name: Prunus Shirotae) at Easter and over the last few months Iâ??ve noticed strange shapes appearing on its leaves - they look like worm tracks.

Other round brown patches on the leaves turn into holes. The leaves eventually turn yellow all over and drop off and Iâ??m worried the tree is not going to survive the winter.

The problem seems to affect practically every leaf. Iâ??ve been watering the tree regularly and I have fed it with Miracle Grow once.

Is there something I am doing wrong and is there anything I can do to cure the poor tree? Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks

Matt

(pics below)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. seedstotal

seedstotal Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    Yeah looks like you have someone eating your leaves inside, probably some fly larvas,
    and you have some fungi as well, looking at the brown patches,
    get sthg against plum fungus and insects, from ur local garden c
    and its a big tree, will overwinter with no problem

3. MattWR

MattWR Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply! What's the best thing to get to act against plum fungus and insects?

4. Rhyleysgranny

Rhyleysgranny Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    you can get bug sprays and fungus sprays in B&Q easily :)