1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Help for Watering Can on a Pump

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by MGBessent, May 29, 2020.

1. MGBessent

MGBessent Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a new metal watering can, around 10 liters I think for my mother, but she has requested one that she can hang on and fill up using the old-style cast water pump that we have in our garden.
    [​IMG]
    This sort of thing.

The current one she has can hang on the spout but the semi-circular covering on top of the watering can (don't know if that has a proper name?) lies under the spout mouth leading to water spraying all over the place. This is understandably not ideal. So I'm looking for one without the top covering or at least a smaller one?

If anyone has any experience with this sort of pump/watering can combo I'd love some recommendations and advice.

Thanks

2. CanadianLori

CanadianLori Total Gardener

Battle Axe
    Ratings:
    +30,610
    Products over here are totally different so I can't recommend one but I beg you not to get her anything over 6 liters at the very most. Unless she is a big amazon of a woman like me, lifting a 10 liter watering can would not be pleasant. :noidea:

And welcome to the forum!

3. MGBessent

MGBessent Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha Thank you, She did ask for a 10 liter one so ill respect that and assume she knows what shes doing