1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP NEEDED

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by davemachin, Mar 15, 2005.

?

Should F1 stay at Silverstone

1. Yes - keep it at Silverstone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No - move it to Donnington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't mind as long as it stays in the UK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. davemachin

davemachin Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I work in an old peoples home on the Nottingham Derbyshire border and need to make major alterations to the garden to make it more manageable.
    There is nothing too strenuous and I think half a dozen people for one day will do the job.
    Tea, coffee and lunch will be provided and a couple of drinks at the pub across the road at the end of the day will be on me. Date to be arranged (Saturday or Sunday) hopefully before the end of April.
    Please let me know if you could possible help.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    [email protected]

2. suey

suey Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi dave,
    Many years ago i was a matron in a nursing home, and the way i got round the gardening problem was to flag the entire area (easier for wheelchairs) and put raised beds around the perimeter - this allowed any willing/able resident to join in. we had some small areas with no flags, and we put grass seed on these - one of our dementia residents used to be really calm when his bare feet were wriggling around in the grass!
    unfortunately i didnt take any pics - pity cos it was a lovely garden, despite being small. The owner sold the building about 3 years ago and the whole area was bulldozed :(
    .....think there are flats there now!

good lcuk!

sue [​IMG]

3. kippers

kippers Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    plz can someone help me and tell me how to take cuttings from lavender

4. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,643
    I dont think now is the best time.
    Wait till after flowering, and trim the bush back, not cutting into woody growth. Then in august or early sept take off some of the new shoots that have grown after cutting back.
    I would pot these up in sharp sand and put them somewhere sheltered or better still a cold frame or cold greenhouse, but dont let them dry out. A percentage of them should root over the cooler months. Pot up the rooted ones the following spring.

5. fothers

fothers Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    What weekend are you thinking of and where abouts is the nursing home? I may be able to help depending on where\when.
    lisa