Help please with succulent ID and care

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by Tabbee, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Tabbee

Tabbee Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all,

I was given this pot of succulents as a gift a while ago and I’m not sure how to care for them. I tend to water them sparingly once a week, and they’re kept on a bright window sill but not in direct light.

Obviously they’ve now outgrown the pot, but I didn’t know if it was better to prune them smaller and kept them in the current pot or to move them into a bigger one. The large plant at the back seems healthy, but I don’t really know what it is and whether to cut it shorter or if it’s meant to grow tall. I’m concerned over the very limp plant, I’m thinking I must be under or over watering it? The darker one at the front I have cut previously as the top looked dead, but it seems to be growing back okay.

Could I have some advice please on what these plants are, how to best rectify the situation and care for them in the future?

Thank you

4EEE610E-7CB5-4A63-A451-33A0CC94A854.jpeg 5EB225A8-0076-437A-A591-8918E95BE9CB.jpeg 44AE2526-2942-41A7-8099-CE08DABE2567.jpeg 182018E7-500D-417A-A241-83559E25A53C.jpeg CC88D4C6-C3BC-4FBD-A695-55FD94AC339F.jpeg

2. flounder

flounder Super Gardener

RETIRED!!
    Ratings:
    +1,536
    Looks like crassula ovata, echeveria something and, er, can't remember.... rat tail crassula muscoa?

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +84,328
    The two smaller plants look like an Echiveria and an Aeonium, but they are growing out of character,(not looking as they should), because the light levels are too low, both need direct sunlight at some point during the day for a few hours.

Not sure what the taller plant is, but it does look healthy and happy.

Really they all need separate pots, those collections grown in that way are only a tempory thing as often the plants are not well matched regarding growing conditions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Tabbee

Tabbee Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +8
      Thanks both, I’ll look into those names and sure I’ll be able to find out what they are from there. I’ll split them up into separate pots and move them somewhere where they can get some direct sunlight, so hopefully the two smaller ones will perk up a bit in time. I didn’t think about collections not being properly matched, but I guess it must be a bit of a sales thing so they look nice in the short term but perhaps don’t thrive in the long term. Thanks again for your assistance!

• Like Like x 1
      • Lem

Lem Keen Gardener

Ratings:
        +1,545
        @Tabbee
        Not sure if you managed to ID the succulent in the first picture, but here you go, it’s a Crassula Muscosa, also known as Watch chain plant , hope this helps :)

• Like Like x 1