1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Problem uploading to Albums.

Discussion in 'How To ..........' started by Naylors Ark, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Naylors Ark

Naylors Ark Struggling to tame her French acres.

Ratings:
    +1,019
    I'm trying to create a new album but having problems uploading photos.:wallbang:
    I see there is no longer a way to upload direct from my computer and if i try to link from my Flickr site nothing happens.:sad:
    I've had a look at past threads on similar topics but they don't seem to be relevant to the new site. i.e: http://gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/threads/uploading-to-the-forum-album.36097/
    What am I doing wrong?:dunno:

2. Naylors Ark

Ratings:
    +1,019
    O.k, I've discovered that you have to create the album first with no photos, then when you go back to the newly created album you can upload from your computer.

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    Hmm.. Sorry Mandy I missed your post earlier.. Yes a couple of things are a little different on here but glad you sussed it out.. :SUNsmile:

4. Naylors Ark

Ratings:
    +1,019
    :blue thumb: Perhaps a note could be written in the album section for anyone else who may be confused in the future.

5. rosebay

rosebay budding naturalistic gardener!

Full Time Person....OK, pensioner!
    Ratings:
    +1,162
    Well I am having trouble downloading photos from pc to here also.

I have created a new album but, when I try to download a photo from pc, it downloads 90% then a sign comes up saying "our gallery currently only accepts image only" (?)

It IS just an image, with a label...so no labels? It needs a label to store in the file system though.

I would rather download from photobucket (rather than from pc file) so would appreciate instructions on how to do this.

I have an adblock plus feature. Tried disabling this on the page and the site, still the same outcome though.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  6. rosebay

Ratings:
    +1,162
    I was hoping someone here might know the solution to a technical problem I am having here downloading/starting an album. See post above.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  7. "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +31,885
    I have no answer for you and I can see you have had this problem for almost a week now but I'm confident someone will be along soon to help you out @rosebay

8. Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
    At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
    Ratings:
    +49,509
    Hi @rosebay :) I will try and help you as much as I can. Thank you to @"M" for bringing this thread to my attention :dbgrtmb:

OK - first things first - uploading an image direct to GC. I suspect that your image is either the wrong format, or is too large. What size image are you trying to upload? And what format is it?

If you are unsure, then PM me and I will send you my email address and I can have a look at it for you.

Once we get that sorted, I will sort you out instructions as to how to post from photobucket.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +31,885
      Thank you, FC :blue thumb:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • rosebay

Ratings:
        +1,162
        Thanks for the reply. The photos I have in my computer file are just labelled as to what they are, i.e. no size given. Do they have to be jpg, or jpeg or something? If so, how is that done?

The reason why I would prefer using photobucket is that I have downloaded photos from there on to the forum (but not in the 'create an album') section; the 'upload photo' goes straight to computer file. Is there a way of making the ''upload photo' facility go to photobucket instead?

• Like Like x 1
        • Fat Controller

Fat Controller 'Cuddly' Scottish Admin! Staff Member

Public Transport
          At me 'puter, GCHQ Ashford Office, Middlesex
          Ratings:
          +49,509
          PM on its way :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • rosebay

Ratings:
            +1,162
            Further to my problem here of downloading a photo from pc file to create a new album here, I think I stumbled upon a breakthrough!

I managed to create a default album (i.e. not a new one) and transferred 3 photos from my
            photobucket account (which was my preferred method anyway). I have called the album
            'my naturalistic garden'.

They can be seen via my profile page, then photos, then album. Although it says "no photo" there is a title link there "my naturalistic garden". Clicking on this yields 3 photos.

Does anyone know of a more direct way of getting these photos viewed, e.g. via the new album (or is that just for pc files)? Or how to delete the sign saying "no photos yet" since they are available there by clicking on the title, in that square, 'my naturalistic garden'? Clearly I have not managed to download them properly and still need some help with this.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015