1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

help with cupressus wilma

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by borrowers, Oct 20, 2007.

1. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    hello all,
    well my pots at the front door have finally died, or just about. so i nagged hubby, and cos he got a deal on another thing (another thread here and you don't want to hear) we went to B & Q.
    anyway got 2 'cupressus willma'.
    they are lovely lemon scented it you touch, so have 2 of them at the front door.
    i 'googled' them & they are quite easy to look after. is that right?
    thank you
    cheers

2. Fonzie

Fonzie Gardener

Transportation
    Ratings:
    +15
    Most conifers are easy to look after, so no worries there. If you need to know anything else about them, google it and more often or not the answers are there.
    Of course, if you prefer to come and ask any of your fellow gadeners, feel free and we will help as best we can. Happy gardening!

3. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    thank you fonzie, i was beginning to think i was too stupid!
    i had a couple of little conifers a few years back in pots at the front step, but it was before i was into gardening & they just withered and died. it was my fault but also the weather then & i didn't know to watch out for that.
    now i am going out nearly every day to look at the pots so will remember to 'watch' them.
    i had a thing recently where i thought cos the weather was a bit cold it had been raining. i know weird again. however, when i actually looked at the pots they were bone dry. you could have tipped them straight out if you what i mean.
    not now. i'm out again & that's great.
    i will always ask first on here i think. i like the personal input. google is great, but i find i have to spend an hour just looking at all the sites before i get near what i wanted. yes that could be me again!
    anyway thanks for replying.

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Sandra I dare bet those little trees look lovely and very formal near your door and that great scent......what a nice way to greet your guests!

You're not getting posh are you? :D
    Helen.xxx.

5. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    not me helen, ha ha!
    yesterday i watched my neighbour sweep the front street (half way towards my house & down the rest of the layby) of all the leaves and berries off the trees. he swept them all up even around a neighbours car & bagged them off. when he had finished i looked over at my half, covered with leaves and for a second i felt guilty.
    then i thought blimey, i'm not cleaning the street and road that's the council's job. each to their own.
    we are getting a couple of light frosts at night, should i cover the trees with bags or something do you think? just overnight i mean.
    don't want to lose these ones.
    cheers
    sandra