1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with identifying a plant (or possibly weed)

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by snudge, Apr 29, 2010.

1. snudge

snudge Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there,

*total newb question follows*

My wife and I have just moved into our first 'proper' house, complete with our first garden. When we moved in the garden was just wild, with weeds over 6ft tall. We've since had the garden flattened, rotavated and planted grass seed.

Over the last month or so the weather has gotten a fair bit warmer, with 2-3 weeks of dry period followed by rain over the last week. This rainier period has coincided with the arrival of the plant which is in the attached photo, which is appearing everywhere...

I've spent some time looking on google but can't see anything which will help me identify it. At the rate it's growing, I think it's a weed but really can't be sure.

Any help identifying the plant, and if necessary offering advice on how to treat it, would be appreciated. It's giving my wife the 'heebie-jeebies' (it's making her skin crawl).

Thanks!

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,125
    Hi snudge & Welcome to GC.. I am not sure by any means but how about Lobelia fulgns 'Elmfeuer... ??? :scratch: Could have been spread by the roots when you were rotivating...!! It dies back in the winter, but is a lovely cottage garden type plant..:wink: [​IMG]