help with identifying weeds-

Discussion in 'Identification Area' started by lazy-gardener, Apr 6, 2006.

1. lazy-gardener

lazy-gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    Hope its ok to give the address of theis site as i have found it so useful in helping me to work out exactly which weeds i have - http://theseedsite.co.uk/seedlings11.html
    It also gives a little picture of the sbaby weeds so i can get them oit before they do any harm

2. Liz

Liz Gardener

Ratings:
    +65
    This is a site I've been wishing existed for some time! Thanks.
    My brother-in-law finds weeds hard to distinguish from flowers, this will be a help to him too. Some years ago I spent several weeks rejoicing over a tray of seeds I fondly imagined to be primroses. Alas they were not.... :D

3. lazy-gardener

lazy-gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    I have done exactly the same. I now work on the principle that if it appears to be growing well and there's lots then its probably a weed!

4. UsedtobeDendy

UsedtobeDendy Gardener

Retired teacher and gardener
    Ratings:
    +172
    for exactly that reason, when sowing seeds direct, I do it in drills, so anything out of the line is a weed!! (even if it isn't!) I have a couple of books with pics of the weeds as seedlings - but a lot of them are awfully like plants you actually want!! You soon get to know your own ones, tho' and unless you're like me and go to other people's gardens too, that's probably all you need!!