Help with tomato plant

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by Produr, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Produr

Produr Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm new to growing Tom's and it's the first time I've grown them in a greenhouse

Can anyone pont me in the right direction to what's wrong with them ? They are drip waterd. So it's not sun scald.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    IMG_20180624_211504627.jpg IMG_20180624_211520788.jpg

Attached Files:

2. noisette47

noisette47 Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +13,960
    Hello Produr, welcome to GC! This link might help you to identify the problem Tomatoes: leaf problems/RHS Gardening

It does look like scorch on the older leaves. Even if they weren't wet, it can get pretty hot in a greenhouse when the sun's out! The new leaves look lovely and healthy, so I wouldn't worry too much about the others.

3. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +45,630
    What sort of temps are you getting @Produr ? It looks very much like too much sun to me. During this current heatwave I have shading on my greenhouse to protect them.

4. sandymac

sandymac Super Gardener

engineer
    Ratings:
    +910
    I agree with Noisett47 and JWK looks like scorch.
    Looks like water droplets sitting on the leaf in the lower picture, this can be caused by overwatering see section Lumps and nodules appear on the foliage in the link supplied by Noisett47 these nodules release water then scorching occurs.
    overwatering also causes excessive transpiration causing water droplets to form in any dip in the leaves.
    Hope this helps