1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

HELP

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Smeegy, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Smeegy

Smeegy Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently moved home and the new home has a large garden. Being a bit of a muppet when it comes to gardening I would appreciate any help & advice on Lawns, Borders, fruit trees, roses and anything to do with growing Veg.

I also have a greenhouse and any advice on this would be great, apart from tomatos what else do you grow.

I suffer a disabilty on my right side due to an accident which means I am limited to the sort of labour I can carry out but any advice on making the jobs easier would be appreciated.

Thank you

Smeegy

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Smeegy,

In my greenhouse, I have grown sweet peppers, cayenne peppers, cucmubers (all female varieties are best, I find), Melons, tomatoes, aubergine ...... Try anything you like really.

Nathan.

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +86,030
    Trial and error, its the best way to find out what grows best for you. Give anything you like a go, but always apply common sense. Do take notice of what you read, but dont take it as gospel. Everybody has differing opinions, and what you like somebody else might hate. Good luck
    pete