Hi, zero garden knowledge, help needed!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Alyson MacConnachie, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Alyson MacConnachie

Alyson MacConnachie Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, I have just joined tonight and am seeking some help! I like nice gardens and have never been keen on gardening. However, as I have gotten older (34) im starting to wish I knew a bit more. I am just setting up a childminding business from home and I want my gardens to look a bit more welcoming and pretty. My home is 3 yrs old and has only been turfed and nothing else. Its a bit boring. I have planted a cherry tree and a couple of fruit bushes for the kids to pick berries but no plants, flowers or anything pretty.
    I tries to grow some veg and stuff from seed last year and I got one of those plastic mini greenhouse things but everything grew tall and skinny, fell over and died:cry3: That is the extent of my gardening!!!
    Thanks for any input
    Alyson
    ps. I also planted some (what claimed to be) gooseberry bushes along my fence, 6 in all, some said white and some said red, but they look nothing like any gooseberry bushes I have ever seen, flat leaves with a lovely pink flower!!! But I did get them from poundland......

2. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,594
    Hi Alyson.

That generally happens when the seedlings are too warm and are not getting enough sunlight.