1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

HI

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by trish@k9, Mar 30, 2020.

1. trish@k9

trish@k9 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I am newbee and also a very novice gardener - and probably like many people at the moment find myself with time I didn't have before (mainly due to not ferrying 2 teenagers here, there and everywhere) so I have decided to get out in the garden. We bought a property about 12 months ago with a lovely relaxing garden - which is quite low maintenance mainly grass cutting and shrub trimming - however I have found scattered around the garden a few really old concrete type plant pots that my daughter and I intend to spruce up and plant - my initial thoughts are something trailing and colourful that hopefully we will see this summer - I am open to all and any suggestions.
    Thanks in advance

2. wiseowl

wiseowl FRIENDLY ADMIN Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +89,881
    Good afternoon @trish@k9 and a warm welcome to Gardeners Corner my friend:smile:

66e7271f8e1fdd2a0d7b90fc292ddd46.jpg

3. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,836
    Hi trish, welcome to Gardeners Corner.:love30::thumbsup:

To catch the attention of more of the GC Gang it might be easier to go to the General Gardening Discussion Forum and find a suitable sub forum and ask the question there. You'll find members will be more than willing to give you good advice, opinions and help.:cat-kittyandsmiley::coffee:

4. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +52,608
    Welcome to Gardeners Corner trish. :)

5. Cuttings

Cuttings Super Gardener

Horticulturalist
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    Welcome to GC, how about Pelargonium Zonale (Geranium), easy to grow, low ish mantainance, and an array of colours, no real pest or disease, take a drought as well. IMG_20180517_082857.jpg

6. JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
    +46,162
    Welcome to the forum.
    Instead of flowers how about strawberry plants, they do well in containers and will give you a crop of fresh tasty fruit - save you going to the shops.

7. Upsydaisy

Upsydaisy Total Gardener

Living in hope of world wide peace.
    Ratings:
    +54,374