1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Hibiscus advice please.

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Jasmine star, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Jasmine star

Jasmine star Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,960
    Hi everyone, I bought a hibiscus syriacus yesterday from the half dead section in our local GC. Having tried to read up on these yesterday I'm struggling to find the correct information as the label says it's a mix but the flowers are pure white with no colour like the mixed ones online :dunno: I have space in the garden in a border and have a paved patio area in full sun this can go nicely in a pot. As you can see some of the leaves are very yellow. I'd normally associate this with over watering? Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks in advance. 20200724_105018.jpg 20200724_105024.jpg

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,627
    If it says mixed on the label I m guessing it means that the batch of plants that were bought in by the store were mixed colours, that way they can just use the same label.

It's been in its pot too long and starved would be my guess for the yellow leaves.
    Think it would prefer growing in the ground rather than a pot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Jasmine star

Jasmine star Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,960