1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

High speed rail network in the pipeline.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by miraflores, Jul 17, 2017.

1. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
  2. Charlie996

Charlie996 Gardener

Retired Builder
    Ratings:
    +857
    Mostly the big contracts have gone to European countries.

HS2 is a massive waste of a simply huge amount of public money. It's going to force people out of thier homes and cause complete grief for many. All to cut journey times by 20 minutes. Surely in this Internet day with video conferencing the norm and emmisions the hot topic business people do not need to travel ?

We have way more important issues to deal with before a rich mans folly gets forced upon the country.

At every consultation of which there have been many it's always been voted as a no. Yet the government are hell bent on carrying out what most clearly do not want.

Simply utterly ridiculous.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +85,725
      I'm sure back in Victorian days people said what is the point of railways, the peasants that is.
      As they couldn't see of what use it might be to them.

Personally it doesn't matter one way or the other to me whether HS2 goes ahead or not, but it does in my mind go a bit towards pointing out that not all the money is being spent in the South East, to those that moan further North.
      I think a high speed rail link should go all the way from South to North and East to West.

I've said it before, but what was the point of putting the link from London to the channel tunnel if that is the end of it all.

It needs to go North of London, and this is the start of that process.
      High speed rail only works over long distances.
      The longer the run the more time you shave off of journey times, and it could cut down on the need for internal flights.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1