1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

hopeless gardener

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Lucy, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Lucy

Lucy Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there. Im a new member and a bit clueless when it comes to gardeing. Can anybody give me some advise, I have just moved house and would like to get the garden looking bright and colourful for summer.Bulbs are the only thing I manage not to distroy. Does anybody know if their is any bulbs that would flower this summer if I was to plant them over the next 2 to weeks.

2. skrumpy

skrumpy Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    There should be plenty of summer bulbs available at the moment, including gladioli and various lilies. Check your local garden centre.

3. suey

suey Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    hi lucy,
    im a hopeless gardner who is clueless too!
    I hope to turn my 50 ft x 25 ft barren wasteland into a lovely garden by the end of the summer!
    sue [​IMG]

4. Mrs cloudy

Mrs cloudy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    For good summer colour with very little risk have you tried annual flower seeds? Just follow the instructions on the back of the packet and you cant really go wrong. The only tip i have is to make sure you sow in lines (they can be wiggly if you like)as this makes it easier to identify the flowers when they pop up. Sow in blocks, take out weeds, water and wait for bloomin lovely flowers by june/july. Good gardening