1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get rid of grass growth in borders

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Kevin Cowans, May 24, 2020.

1. Kevin Cowans

Kevin Cowans Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,065
    Hello all

I hope you are well.

I have an annoying problem that I am looking for advice with.

I have some grass growth in some of my borders, it looks like grass seed has been sprinkled on the borders.

I have tried a few methods such as manually pulling it but it is too small and my fingers are not strong enough.

I have tried digging it but it just seems to come back and I have also tried hoeing it but again it just comes back.

I have no idea as to where it is coming from, the lawn is surrounded by hardscape so it is not coming from the lawns and no grass seed has been sprinkled anywhere near the areas affected.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get rid of the grass?

Thanks in advance

Kevin