1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

How to propagate Kiwi "Issai"

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Black Dog, May 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Black Dog

Black Dog Gardener of useful things

It's a secret
    Ratings:
    +1,136
    Moin everyone,

I have two sef-fertile Kiwi plants in my garden. One "Issai" and one "Jenny". Both planted at the same time and adjacent to each other. But since the latter one never produces any fruit (only lots of green) while my "Issai" is full to the brim with delicious kiwi-berries, I decided to root it out and plant another "Issai" there.

Does anyone have experience with the fastest way to create a new sapling from a fully grown Kiwi-plant?

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,529
    No but I would try layering or semi ripe cuttings late summer.