1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

How to safely use Baby Bio house plant insecticide spray?

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by heldrida, Dec 3, 2016.

1. heldrida

heldrida Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've got a Dracaena plant; that has what appears to be white scale or something like it (see attached photos); I don't know much about plants, I bought this one in Vauxhall Flower market a year and a half ago, one month after it started showing these symptoms. I moved home and planned to buy new plants. I don't want the new plants to get infected with the disease, so I got the Baby Bio house plant insecticide spray - but the instructions are not clear about how to use it, and I'm not finding any instructions online, so hopefully I can find help here.

My question is how to safely use Baby Gio house plant insecticide spray? I'm sure this is toxic and should use outdoors, but it's 2C ~ 8C at the time I wrote this post, and surely the plant is going to die if I leave it outside. So, what to do? How long should the plant stay outdoors until the spray effects finish?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,692
    Baby bio stuff is usually for indoor use.
    is it an aerosol?
    If so a light spraying,without wetting the leaves is probably the way to go, I'd not do it outside as any wind will just blow the spray away.

3. heldrida

heldrida Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried to post the link here, but I'm not allowed yet in this forum but if you do a quick google search please for `Baby Bio house plant insecticide spray` you'll see it.

4. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +85,692
    Yep I see it, it's a trigger spray, not great for use indoors I must admit.
    Right, well I would take the plant outside and spay it, as long as its not below freezing the plant should be OK for about an hour, after which time i'd give it a shake and bring it indoors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
      +100,836
      When I'm forced to use an insecticide on one of my border plants, which is rare, I protect the beneficial insects from the spray by simply using a plastic bag. Place the plastic bag over the plant covering it and the pot. Make a hole in the top of the bag, insert the spray part into the bag, press the trigger and all the spray goes onto the plant while staying in the bag. You can keep the plastic bag over the plant until you're happy to take it off.:dunno::snorky: