1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Huge and wonderful Garden For Sale - with house included (!)

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by stevecarpenter, Feb 15, 2005.

1. stevecarpenter

stevecarpenter Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a garden area, main area measuring approx 100 feet by 100 feet, plus front garden with pond and also a parking area. When in the house the main garden is visible, the backdrop to it being school playing fields (junior school) and countryside and The Pennine hills in the background (i.e. completely open aspect including sunsets over the hills and full sunshine all day).

The garden is almost TOTALLY PRIVATE. You could walk around it naked on a summer's day (never done it but no one would see you!!!)

The house is a 100-year-old stone-built 3 bedroomed large-ish end-terraced property, situtaed at the end of a private road. The windows of the house are overlooked by no-one.

Our garden interests have waned and we want to sell the house. The best solution would be to sell the land for a builder to build a number of houses on it but it would be heartbreaking to see this happen and also would upset the great neighbours we have.

I want to sell the house to someone who will look after the garden and enjoy it for what it is.

So I have joined this group in the hope that someone - perhaps retired - would want to make an offer for this house and garden. I estimate that the cost on the open market with no planning permission would be about �£140k so would be expecting offers over this amount.

I can supply endless pictures to any interested person, taken over the years showing all aspects, views, sunsets etc to prove the above.

I could take a real-time photo now and send it to you showing blackness, twinkling lights, the shadow of our huge silver birch, with the outline of the Pennine hills. It is a joy just to sit at our window and gaze out, anytime, night, day, winter summer.

Can anyone advise me what to do because I do not want to sell it through a local estate agent to have it snapped up by someone who will do the unthinkable and apply for planning permission and ruin what could be some couples all-time dream????

Anywhere I could advertise it in 'the gardener's world' of the Internet?

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Webmaster Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Steve,

If you don't want anyone putting a property on the garden, put a covenant on the property against anyone building on the plot. This can be drawn up at any solicitor that deals with property.

Nathan.