1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Hydroponic random question

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by Dips, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,631
    So I'm slightly getting ahead of myself but I'm quite interested in possibly having a hydroponic set up some time in the future to grow edible stuff all year round

But I'm slightly concerned about issues from police

Has anyone who uses hydroponics had any issues with police knocking on the door to find out if its a cannabis factory or not?

May seem like a strange thing to ask about but they are seriously on it in my area and honestly with the amount of police helicopters you get circling its like being in a game of call of duty at times and particularly at this time of year.

So has anyone encountered this problem at all?

P.s. Didn't know where to put this post so sorry if its in the wrong place

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    American chap I follow on youtube had a visit, i'll see if I can find the vid.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Here we go :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Dips

Dips Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +3,631
        I spose thats a good idea but then if i was police I would be thinking they are being very honest and is it a cover up for future cannabis production lol and then would surprise spot checks follow.

Thanks zigs

Just wondering if its going to be one if those things that is more hassle than its worth so i can the idea out of my head now

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        It depends where you're doing it, they won't spot a heat source thru insulated walls and ceilings, it's hot spots in attics that show up, or a sudden increase in electric consumption.

They can't come in without a warrant anyway.

• Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
        +28,997
        • Like Like x 1
          Last edited: Dec 4, 2014